Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hello from Alaska!

Sorry I've been silent for a while. Not much poker to report. Still on hiatus.

I'm blogging from the Army hospital at Ft. Wainright in Fairbanks, Alaska. It doesn't get dark up here in the "Interior" this time of year, so sleeping has been tough. I'm helping relieve another radiologist who has been solo for most of the summer. I did the solo thing when I was in Germany, and it sucks. I'm glad to be able to give him a break. Besides, a week in Alaska sure beats a stick in the eye.

Played soccer yesterday for the first time in a long time. I'm so out of shape (for an Army guy) it's pathetic. To punish myself, I ran for a half hour afterwards. That'll teach me. We lost on free kicks in overtime. My total contribution was not throwing up and helping a soldier who popped his hamstring so loudly that I thought someone clapped their hands.

I'm still on Alaska Airlines-tilt after long airport delays and lost luggage, so maybe I'll be in a better mood when I next post.

As Seattle John says, be well, and I hope you are winning.

No comments: