Friday, August 29, 2008

Google Ads

My poker bankroll was dwindling, so I was looking for ways to generate extra income I could use exclusively for poker. The Wife gets a little pissy when I use family money - go figure.

Anyway, I put Google Ads on my page and waited for the cash to roll in. And roll in it did! So far, I have made a grand total of zero dollars and zero cents. Look out Bellagio - I'm a-comin'!

I know many of you monetize your blogs. Good for you. I'm a moron and can't figure it out. If one of you can set this up for me, I'll guarantee you a percentage of anything I make. In the mean time, the only thing the Google Ads have been good for are some amusing ads based on the content of the current post. My last post about the Magic Cone gave me this ad:

Female Urethra Play
Signs & Symptoms of Incontinence Female Urethra Play Articles & Pics

Please don't click on the link. Or maybe you should. Who knows, it could be entertaining and I might get paid!

4 comments:

BamBam said...

"I might get paid!"

Uh...yeah. G/L You!

Yes... a Blog said...

Google ads is very key-word specific and really more geared to product or topic specific sites. But if you want to give it a go, pick a keyword or keyword phrase the get it into the title of your posts and the two or three times in the body of your post. The idea is for people coming to your blog from a search would see ads relevant to the search, click the ads and end up buying something.

Google has a tutorial here: http://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/

Another way is to try text-link ads - http://www.text-link-ads.com/?ref=40873 - your blog will be rated and then text-link ads will be sold for a set price. All you have to do is set up the account then sit back and wait for the ads to be sold.

The downside is that Google doesn't like text ads, so your ranking could suffer. Me - well I like the monthly paycheck and it's an amount that makes me happy!!

Good luck!

(Maudie)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I know you would like some extra money but DO NOT put any ads up on your site realted to poker, gambling, poker related or anything else our state might get anal about(which is just about anyting anyone might be interested in looking at). I got my blog taken down by our state gambling comission specifically because of the ads I had on my site. Good luck with that.....SJ

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

The Rooster doesn't shill because he writes for the purity of it.