Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thoughts on a New President

Congratulations, Mr. Obama. You are the 44th President of the United States of America. Even I, a moderate Republican, wish you well.

I have some random thoughts.
  • I was picking up my dog from the kennel during the inauguration, so I missed quite a bit. I'm pretty sure I'll catch up in the re-runs.
  • I asked the kennel manager, I nice woman about my age, if she was watching the festivities. She furrowed her brow and then rolled her eyes as if to say, I've got better things to do.
  • I'm not sure if the undertone was that she was a Republican or just too busy. Perhaps there was a racial slant. I'm really not sure and frankly I don't care. She kept it to herself (other than the eye roll) and she takes really good care of my dog.
  • John Roberts should have practiced his one and only job of administering the oath so he wouldn't flub his lines.
  • Since this is a poker blog, I will note that President Barack Obama used the phrase, "We can no longer stand pat..."
I'm sure one of his first acts as president will be to overturn the UIGEA.


Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

He was playing position and thus, used the good old words: Stay Pat. The Rooster smelled bluff with all those promises and bet into him. Holla!

DuggleBogey said...

I hope your prediction comes true, Doc.

Seattlejohn said...

I think he has bigger problems to think about right now than poker, but maybe under his second term if he gets there.....S

The Sandman Cometh said...

What's a uigea? Sounds like a mysterious part of the urinary tract.

MHG said...

Saturday racquetball? I can reserve a court in Seattle, or do you know somewhere between Federal Way and the city?