Congratulations, Mr. Obama. You are the 44th President of the United States of America. Even I, a moderate Republican, wish you well.
I have some random thoughts.
- I was picking up my dog from the kennel during the inauguration, so I missed quite a bit. I'm pretty sure I'll catch up in the re-runs.
- I asked the kennel manager, I nice woman about my age, if she was watching the festivities. She furrowed her brow and then rolled her eyes as if to say, I've got better things to do.
- I'm not sure if the undertone was that she was a Republican or just too busy. Perhaps there was a racial slant. I'm really not sure and frankly I don't care. She kept it to herself (other than the eye roll) and she takes really good care of my dog.
- John Roberts should have practiced his one and only job of administering the oath so he wouldn't flub his lines.
- Since this is a poker blog, I will note that President Barack Obama used the phrase, "We can no longer stand pat..."