- I played in the annual Boys & Girls Club charity golf event. Despite not having picked up a club this season (!), I hit one drive almost 300 yards and won the closest to the pin contest on hole #3.
- Everyone who paid $5 prior to their shot got a chance at the prize pool. Half of the money went to the charity and the other half to the winner.
- My take was $180.
- I gave it all back to the charity in the auction that followed.
- I played a little 1/3 NL poker while waiting to get The Wife's car fixed.
- Yes, I do my Honey-Do's on my day off.
- I folded TPTK to a river all-in when the guy to my left talked me off the hand. He flipped over his 6-high busted straight draw and dragged a huge pot.
- Perhaps it's the Karma from the golf event, but I eventually got all his money. I went on a sick run that involved getting my money in behind twice and once turning a set to beat a flopped set.
- On his final hand, I raised in the cut-off with Qc-9c (crubs!) and he went over the top for his last $60. I told him I had a crappy hand, but maybe the poker gods would pay me back for folding TPTK earlier. I was way up, so what the heck. He had me with K8o.
- I turned the straight.
- The Wife is back in California and I'm working all week. Anyone up for poker?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Today you get the random stuff stuck in my head.