- Having a real conversation with Drizz at the Geisha Bar. This din was at riotous levels, yet he was able to hear me just fine, even when he wasn't watching my lips move. That meant we could have a conversation on a much deeper level and it was awesome. DQB!
- Hugs, hugs and hugs. I'm pretty sure it got to groping levels with Maigrey, Kat, Pebbles and CK. They didn't seems to mind. In turn, I think I got groped by Falstaff and BamBam, but at least there was no man-kissing this time. Well, at least not on the mouth.
- Golfing in the bloody cold with my college roommate Colin and the assembled (mostly Canadian) bloggers. Blogger mobneys are the best mobneys!
- Shooting pool with Special K and Da Rooster at Lagasse Stadium while we watched the bacchanalia. I would have run the table but for scratching on the 8-ball in my first game with Rooster. I still got mad skillz.
- Huge thanks to Pokerstars for their insanely generous addition to the prize pool. Why are you playing anywhere else?!
- Another shout out to Lagasse Stadium. If there is a better man cave out there, I've never seen it.
- Steel Panther. What can I say? If you were there, you know. If you missed it, don't let it happen again.
- Watching The Wife, resplendent in her purple regalia, take her lumps with pride and dignity. Well, maybe not dignity (she did show her purple panties to anyone who asked).
- Taking a group pic in the bathroom at Lagasse Stadium. Mirrored ceilings in the crapper FTW!
- Twitter. When I first started coming to these gatherings, Twitter wasn't even invented (you know, back in the day). Now I can't imagine going without it. It's amazing how witty people can be in 140 characters. Plus, it's a great way to see where everyone's at. If you doubt it, search #wpbt and just read along.
- Really getting some quality time with new and old friends including my buddy Josh and his friend Dan, as well as Law Chica, F-Train and Oh Captain. You too, Peaker.*
- Saying goodbye to Kat. 'Nuf said.
- Leaving with more money than I started with.
But most of all, I enjoyed spending some real quality time with The Wife. Yes, I know much of that time was spent watching her snogging with just about everyone who came within range, but who am I to get in the way of her fun (especially when the snogees were of the bendy or luscious variety)? The Willis sandwich was hysterical and will be talked about for ages (see: Steel Panther). And despite all the nonsense, she still comes home with me. Beat that!
WPBT 2010. Are we there yet?
* I'm still watching you...