Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Movin’ On Up

3 NOV 05

I’ve finally figured out my motivation for playing poker – making money. You laugh, but it’s not as obvious as you think. Up until now, I’ve been playing for the challenge and the adrenaline rush, and I’ve had plenty of both. My bankroll stagnated for a while, but now that it’s on the upswing, I’ve been afforded the luxury (no pun intended) to do some soul searching. I want to make some serious money. Granted, I do pretty well in my career as a physician, but this endeavor is separate. In order to call myself a successful poker player, I need to set a goal, and not stop until I achieve it.

That goal is $25,000.

Okay. It may sound unrealistic to some, but after spending a week in Vegas and watching a guy blow that much in 5 hands on the blackjack table, I think it’s a good and attainable goal.

Now, how do I do it? Here is a start:


Buy-In: $25.00/$2.00 - 18 players

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A $135.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

That’s right. I’m moving up in limits in online tournaments. Up until now, I have only played the $15 + 1 two-table SNG’s, and have been doing quite well. I found the skill level at $25 to be no different. I wonder how it will change as I move to the $35 and $55 tournaments. I also intend to play the bigger tournaments more often.

Stay tuned.

No comments: