Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Random Political Thoughts

8 NOV 06

If you are coming here for profound political ideas and analysis, please go elsewhere. These are just some thoughts of a 20 year soldier and doctor.

Donald Rumsfeld resigns. Too many people I respect think this was long overdue. Buh-bye.

Liberalism did not win this election. The Democrats played Republican far better than Republicans did. Just look at Sen. Lieberman soundly beating the liberal Democrat.

As a nation, we will soon be talking about redeployment. As you all know, I am getting ready to deploy. As I’ve said before, the most dangerous time to be deployed is during the redeployment (coming home) phase.

Nancy Pelosi will try to socialize medicine. This could affect my career as a physician when I get out of the Army. I’m taking a “wait-and-see” approach. The only thing I know for certain is that Whiskytown is dancing a jig right now.

2 comments:

Doog said...

Hey Doc, thoughts and prayers with you when you do head over to Iraq.

A while ago you mentioned that you may be hitting up Vegas before you go - any updates on that? I'll be there the weekend of 11/17 "on business". Would be great to donk around with a fellow brogger while I'm there...

DrChako said...

Still haven't formalized anything, but I don't think I'll get there that weekend. The deployment may be pushed back a little - I still don't have orders - so I MAY try to get to the WPBT in December.