Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy Tilt

4 MAY 07

I was pissed yesterday. I was trying to pull into traffic after taking my dog to the vet. Some blue-haired bitch in a Lexus could have easily let me in, but instead she chose to pull her car right up to the bumper of the car in front of her. She actually lifted her nose in defiance!

I started honking my horn at her. She had plenty of room to back up. Wasn’t happening.

Finally, I got her to turn her head and look at me. I gave her the biggest smile I could and started waving like some happy maniac. To be honest, it was my complete intention to get her to smile and then switch my face over to the, “I’m gonna kill your whole family" look and start cussing and spitting at the window.

But I found a better solution. She looked perplexed. I could hear her thoughts. Do I know this guy? Did I just cut off one of my clients? Does he know my husband?

I had her right where I wanted her.

I finally got behind her and was able to catch up. I pulled right along side and kept up my wave-and-smile bit.

Here is my thinking. If I cursed her out, somehow I feel she would have driven away feeling superior and chalked up a win in the Lexus vs. BMW contest. Now, I think she’ll be bothered by this all week. And who knows, maybe next time she let me in.

I win!

No comments: