Monday, March 16, 2009

Poker Content!

After all, this is a blog called Poker Doctor.

I was on call at the hospital this weekend. I left to attend a dinner party with The Wife, but then had to go back in to work. I was there until 2 am Saturday night/Sunday morning. We got our butts kicked. I have a sneaky suspicion a lot of the extra work was due to overzealous St. Patty's Day revelers.

So, today I was off and free to do my own thing. I've got a ton of paperwork to file for my side business, but I chose to play poker instead. Not much to report. I won a ridiculous pot with AK on a King-high flop. It was capped pre-flop 6 ways. The flop was capped 5 ways and the turn and river were both two-bet by three people. I just check-called. Imagine my surprise when it came my way! I was up against KJ, pocket queens and a busted flush draw that caught a pair of tens but paid off on the river anyway. $544. That's just crazy with TPTK. But that's 8/16 at Diamond Lil's.

More interesting to me was that there were 3 tables (!) of 20/40 going. I desperately want to get back into that game, but I have to earn my way there. I still have too many leaks, as evidenced by the fact that even though I won a $500+ pot, I just broke even for the session. I've had some big scores at that table, but right now I'm focusing on bankroll management, and I'm not ready.

Well, enough about me. Right now, The Wife is in need of your support. Don't ask silly questions. Just go say "hi," and let her know you care.

Edit: Every now and then, I find myself longing for a simpler time. It doesn't get any simpler than singing your ABC's. You can thank me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I still have too many leaks, as evidenced by the fact that even though I won a $500+ pot, I just broke even for the session."

This isn't necesarily evidence of a leak. You can play top notch and still lose rack after rack in a session.

b