Saturday, February 16, 2008

Update on Flirty Girl

You may remember my post about the young hottie working at the gym. To refresh your memory, this is the Macedonian girl who everyone (but me) thought was flirting with me. She was famously quoted as asking me, "You come to the gym every day. How come you don't have any muscles?"

This is flirting?

Anyway, she left today for good. It turns out she had a minor medical condition and I ended up making the diagnosis. The day before she left she was working one final shift at the gym. As I was signing in she asked if I ever got those muscles. On a whim I pulled back my shirt sleeve and flexed my bicep for her. She actually began jumping up and down excitedly and clapping her hands. Then she came around the counter and gave me a big hug. She whispered in my ear, "You are going to heaven."

Okay. I get it now. She was flirting.

Let's hope she's right about the heaven thing, but let's also hope that it's not for another hundred years.

2 comments:

TenMile said...

Bravo.

CC said...

I had a Greek girl as a neighbor when I was seven (she was adopted). Her pet turtle died, and she made me wear panty hose on my head since she didn't have a veil as we held a funeral for her turtle. I dropped the Bible she made me carry, and she screamed at me, "Get on your knees and pray for forgiveness for dropping the Bible, or there will be an earthquake here!" I did, and in fact there was no earthquake there in Clinton, Mississippi.

Since then, I've decided that Greek girls might not know everything. I'm sure she's right about the heaven thing in your case, but I wouldn't believe much else...