Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Careful What You Wish For

September 16th, 2008

I had a truly legendary session playing poker last night. Seriously, it will be talked about in hushed tones for days (hours, at least). In my short session, I was dealt AA (once), KK (twice), QQ (FIVE TIMES), JJ (once).

I had to lay down the KK and JJ immediately on the flop to a raise and re-raise when the Ace hit, but the other KK and the Aces both held up. QQ held up 4 of the 5 times.

Yet, why did I have a losing session? I didn’t tilt (at least I don’t think I did). I know my Hiltons were cracked by J 5 off, but surely one bad beat should kill a session, right? The hands I lost were big ones. I lost with A-10 on a board of 10 7 6, where a guy called a big pre-flop raise with 10-7. I lost with AK twice (did I forget to mention those?). I guess I’m surprised I lasted as long as I did.

Next time give me crap cards, dammit.

No comments: