Saturday, September 13, 2008

Drunk Post

>Quick hit-and-run tonight at the Muckleshoot. I love that 8/16 game. One of the regulars was into the game for 8 racks (at $200 a rack, that’s an impressive amount. Do the math yourself, ‘cause math is hard). Since I haven’t had a post for a while, I figure I’ll just brain dump whilst finishing my Macallan.

I am a Republican. Bite me. I also give money to only one organization – NPR. What, you say? That’s right. I give because it entertains me. One of my favorite things to do while driving into work is to pick out all the subversive (read: liberal) undertones of nearly every story they do. I’ve often thought about listing them all here, but it would take too much time, and let’s face it – it’s more fun to pick them out yourself. I actually get pissed off when Steve Innskeep gets on his high-horse and directly attacks conservatives. Be subversive, dammit! No one respects a frontal assault in radio. It’s akin to a defendant telling the jury, “I didn’t do it!” You lose credibility.

I also enjoy when NPR pulls out Juan Williams every time they want a conservative viewpoint. To be honest, he’s a breath of fresh air (and don’t get me started on Fresh Air host Terry Gross – the only woman other than my wife I’d want to be stranded on a desert island with), but even I thought he was too cocky and egotistical to be a regular news commentator. I often think he’s there just so the staff can say, “See, we’re diversified. We present both sides!” Of course, Juan is only on late at night, but who’s paying attention? Oh yeah – I am.

If you don’t believe me, just listen to the next Sarah Palin story. See how long it takes NPR to mention either the Bridge to Nowhere that she first supported but then didn’t, or Troopergate or her husbands 20+ year old DUI. I still think Obama will win the election, but it’s fun to see NPR scared. I really believe that THEY believe they can organize the liberals and undecideds and single-handedly win this election for the Democrats.

I’ll be listening the whole time.

Oh yeah – go visit The Wife. She’s blogging non-existent ass off in preparation for The Bash. My preparation consists of drinking.

1 comment:

gadzooks64 said...

How funny! I'm a Democrat and, once upon a time, I listened to a lot of talk radio. I, too, noticed a decidedly liberal bent to NPR - AND I'M A LIBERAL! At the time I was only mildly amused by this revelation and went on my merry way down the AM dial.

BTW, I mostly listened to conservative talk radio: Limbaugh, Liddy, Schlessinger. Go figure.