Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Official

No motorcycle for Dr. Chako.

Man, I really had my hopes up for this one. I tried on all the gear. I got great pictures of The Wife and I perched in the saddle. I fantasized about cruising down the Pacific Coast Highway with Kat (or any motley group of Harley riders, really). Alas, it is not to be.

I don't know all the specifics of what went down. My hope is that the dealership has no experience with charity donations. The alternative is that they were trying to get more money out of me by claiming that I owed taxes. That would be akin to stealing from a charity, and I would never make that accusation without hard proof. Still, just the possibility really pissed me off. I would rather go to a different Harley dealer and pay MORE money than give my cash to a dealer that would do something like this. Since I don't have hard facts, I won't mention the dealership in question. It doesn't really matter in the end because The Boys & Girls Clubs still wins. The Wife and I are making a donation to the organization that basically amounts to what they would have made if the Harley deal went through.

And suddenly, I feel better.

4 comments:

Katitude said...

Boooo....I can only imagine how disappointing that must be.

You can always ride bitch with me on the Pacific Coast Highway *grins and ducks.

SirFWALGMan said...

No fucking way you feel better than riding down the highway on that Hog. :). Do you already have a motorcycle? If not would you get a more affordable model or is the super sexy limited edition the only bike for you?

DrChako said...

Thanks Waffles. No, I don't have a bike. Rub it in why doncha?

-DrC

SirFWALGMan said...

We all have our place in this world. Glad to help! heh. You should get a bike anyways you dork.

P.S. Proof that I am right, the validation word is StripCop.