Monday, January 28, 2008

Dr. Chako is Going to Vegas!

That's right folks. My time in Iraq is drawing to a close. I am officially in the Home Stretch and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will be back home in Washington at the end of March or the very latest in early April. After the big reunion, great meals, and reminiscing, I get on a plane for the land of good-n-plenty.

I know it's pretty short notice, but if anyone plans on being there, please let me know. A few of my buddies from Texas will be making the trip and it looks like 2 or 3 of the other doctors out here in Iraq will also be coming.

Here are the details:

Who: Dr. Chako (of course). The Wife will be sitting this one out.
What: Vegas, baby!
When: April 10th to 13th (Thursday to Sunday)
Where: MGM Signature (oooh – fancy-shmancy!)
Why: Do you really need to ask?

There will be stories, scotch and strippers - maybe all at the same time. Poker will be played. Real food will be consumed in mass quantities. I will probably make an ass of myself on at least one occasion. All-in-all, it should be one helluva good time.

See you there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While Vegas isn't really my thing, and having your sister in Vegas with scotch and strippers is hardly the idea of ideal, I am jealous any way. I am very excited for you and I know you are totally stoked!! Of course, once my tour is up over here on the ROK, me and Mrs. Chako are takin over the town! We don't know which one, yet, but we're takin' it!

BamBam said...

I can just picture the smile on your face, as you think about this little bit of news.

Fantastic !

Thinking about it, checking plans and schedules... Not promising anything right now, but considering that it's almost on my birthday..........

Will get back to you on this.

Be safe.... (and keep smiling !)

Unknown said...

Put a dent in Vegas.