Sunday, January 20, 2008

Quick Thoughts

Thanks to Brett Favre and the Packers for a great season. It surprised me how much I cared when I saw the Giants hit that field goal in overtime. It sucks that the last pass Favre may ever throw was an interception. I sure hope he comes back.

I played in a 3-on-3 basketball competition yesterday. We got knocked out in the 1st round by the team that went on to the finals. I’m in pretty good shape, but I never claimed to be a basketball star. It didn’t help that I was the tallest one on my team.

Right after the game I walked by the ER and saw a friend in one of the beds. Her doc was waiting on me to read her CT scan. It turns out that she had a kidney infection that went bad. The infection has spread to her liver and now we have to send her out of Baghdad to the next higher level of care. You are probably thinking she must have been really sick, right? She was laughing and joking. She told me she knew there was a problem because she had to cut her normal hour in the gym down to 30 minutes and she was feeling “a little fatigued” after 2 hours of Salsa lessons last night.

Soldiers sure are tough, eh? Well, even though that’s true, I’m forced to admit that she’s in the Air Force. Sis, you can now feel free to gloat.

3 comments:

CC said...

"...she had to cut her normal hour in the gym down to 30 minutes and she was feeling “a little fatigued” after 2 hours of Salsa lessons last night."

Salsa lessons, the new jungle rot of today's Army!

Anonymous said...

Podium...check. Microphone...check. Box to stand on so I can see over podium and speak into microphone...check. AIRPOWER HUA!!!

Unknown said...

It didn’t help that I was the tallest one on my team.

Did they make you shorties play with the 10 foot basket too? :)