Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Iraqi Hammer

I have pocket 10s in late position and I raise to 3.5 times the big blind. The small blind calls because that’s what she does.

The flop is A K J rainbow. The small blind checks, because, well… that’s what she does. I’ve seen her check call the river with the mortal nuts at least twice.

I bet almost the size of the pot. She hesitates a moment and says, “All in!”

Did this weak-assed player just check raise me? Okay. Wait a minute. Have I ever seen her check raise? I do a quick mental review of all the hands we’ve played together over the last few months. I’ve never seen this. I have no idea what to do. Scary board.

Fold.

She smiles at me, flips her cards and says, “You’ve been Hammered!” 7 2 off-suit. Why the hell did I introduce this concept to these poor excuses for poker players?

Did I mention that she’s our chaplain? I got hammered by the chaplain.

4 comments:

TenMile said...

Happy to see No Jihad was declared here.

BamBam said...

"Hammered buy the Chaplain"
is just too funny for words!

Be safe !

Unknown said...

Wow....

The Chaplain Hammer.

It brings a tear to my eye!

Well played mamm. Well played!

Anonymous said...

Dr Chako,
Whoever taught you to believe the words, the deeds or the actions of a so-called messenger of God, was wrong. And the proof of the pudding is in standing there helpless as the Iraqi Hammer comes down. Thank God that you only play for toothpicks.
Hunter