Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Relief!

Well, my time as the head honcho has come to a close. The Deputy Commander has returned from his vacation in Hawaii and I get to return to the simple life of a combat radiologist. My wife will be happy because I’ll get to call home at my usual time again (as opposed to after when the kids should be in bed), and I’ll be happy because I get to go back to the schedule I had before all this nonsense.

As most of you know, this job did wonders for my overlarge ego. While I’ll miss that part of the job, I won’t miss the hours and the personnel issues. After one month of this I can honestly say:

I did my best.
I’m glad it’s done.

Now you’ll have to excuse me. I’m off to the gym to resume my normal workout schedule. Actually, I was able to work out every day as the Deputy Commander, but it came at the price of rushed meals and fewer hours of sleep at night. No More!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the end of the HELL month!

You did a great job.

I keep forgetting to send out your box, but I've had other things on my mind. I'll try and send it out this weekend!

Sean