Friday, January 11, 2008

The Surge is Working

Now that I sit in the Big Chair, I get briefed about workload throughout the hospital. Everyone saw about 10% fewer patients in the last month and a half. Many are ready to chalk this up to success with the surge and I tend to agree, as least in part. It could also be the fact that the weather is not conducive to bad guys running amok.

Get this – it’s snowing right now! Big, fat, fluffy flakes. One more surreal thing to add to this deployment. On my 1.5 mile walk to and from breakfast this morning, I looked with wonder at the flakes coming down in the moonlight. I must admit I even caught a few on my tongue until I thought better of it. Who knows what’s floating in the air here?

I promise to have a poker post up soon, including a picture of the player of the year board. I’m way ahead in points right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WTG Doc!

Bring home the Camp Cropper Championship back my friend.

IT

BamBam said...

I gotta' see the trophy for Camp Cropper's POTY !

Be safe !