19 MAY 06
Little hiatus coming up as I try to leave my mark (but not my cash) on Atlantic City. For now, a few answers to Tripjax’s questionnaire.
1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table? – Not pouncing on weakness.
2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table? – Poor table selection
3. Why do you play poker? – Best rush since playing racquetball – better, even.
4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing? – Saving lives.
5. What is your favorite poker book and why? – Instructional – Lee Jones (the first book I ever read about poker). Entertainment – Either Positively Fifth Street by James McManus or Shut Up and Deal by Jesse May
6. Who is your favorite poker player and why? – Possibly Sam Farha – he’s fearless. He can play any two cards (and usually does) and will outplay you, no matter who you are. Close behind are Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey and Annie Duke.
7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why? – Saying Hellmuth is too easy. Probably Gus Hansen because he has spawned too many maniacs.
8. Do your coworkers know about your blog? – No, and I hope to keep it that way.
9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)? Live - $1200+. Online – Probably $200, but I stopped playing online about 6 months ago.
10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)? Live $1100. Online $1600.
11. Who was your first poker blog read? Dr. Pauly – still the first poker blog I read every day.
12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot? - I never bluff, so…
13. Why do you blog? – It satisfies a creative itch, and gives me an outlet for my huge ego.
14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog? – What’s an RSS reader?
15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living? – No. I love being a doctor. Poker will always be just a hobby.
16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion? – I own several, but would never admit to wearing them.
17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player? Courting risk.
18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas? – Without a doubt.
19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it? – Be a steady winning player. Not there yet.
20. What is your primary online site and why? – Used to be Pokerstars, when I cared to play online.
21. What site do you dislike and why? - None. I love everybody.