Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Smiles

16 MAR 07

When you have 5 doctors doing to work of 19, you get a little burned out. I’m starting to get that hysterical giggle. You know the kind, you’re stressed out and something funny sets you off. You can’t help it. People look at you strange and, despite your embarrassment, you can’t stop laughing.

These two items set me off. You WILL NOT find them as funny as I did, but I hope they make you smile (even if they are a little twisted).

The first is from an invitation my wife sent out to her firm. She is throwing a party to reward her team for some really hard work. I should note that this invitation went to most of her office, including several partners and even the managing partner. It said, in part:

I'M THROWING A PARTY!!!

DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 24TH

TIME: AFTER WORK (DOORS OPEN AT 6:30 - CLOSE WHEN THE LAST GUY LEAVES)

PLACE: CHATEAU CHAKO

DETAILS: FRIENDLY GAMES OF CHANCE (Low stakes) WITH FUN PRIZES; BIG SCREEN TV

Since I was included in the mass email, I hit REPLY TO ALL and sent this:

A quick note from Dr. Chako: The big screen TV is not, I repeat, NOT one of the prizes in the friendly games of chance. If you try to leave with my TV, I'll sick my dog on you.

The other funny is this comic from xkcd.com. The caption really put me over the edge.


Fun game: Find a combination of two items that most freaks out the cashier. Winner: Pregnancy test and a single coat hangar.

No comments: