Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father’s Day 2008

This is my first Father’s Day without my dad. I don’t want to get too melancholy here, so I won’t. I got two Father’s Day presents yesterday.

Here is #1:

Ecco brand shoes. They are the "New York Bicycle Toe" if you are interested. Most comfortable shoes out of the box I’ve ever owned. Most expensive, too.


#2 may have been even better. I heard guitar music coming from upstairs, only to discover my youngest entertaining the troops with his rendition of, “I Love my Doggy,” an original composition. The best part was that he was using the very guitar that Dad used to teach me over 35 years ago.

Happy Father’s Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. Everything about that picture of son #2 palying the guitar just makes me smile. Look how worn the frets are on that thing. Love it. Just love it. Nice shoes, by the way! Shoe Whore.

Unknown said...

SHOE WHORE! ROFLMAO.

Now I've heard it all.

Could the Doc be catching it from the Wife?

OH NO OUTBREAK!!!!!!

LOL

IT

RaisingCayne said...

Happy (belated) Father's Day Doc!

Odd note... why is it after reading you or the wife's blog posts I picture you guys at home referring to your kin by number? (I.E... "Son one, take out the trash... son two, clean your room...")

DrChako said...

Because we do.

-DrC