Sunday, December 14, 2008

WPBT 2008 - Trip Report

Well, another epic blogger gathering is in the books. These faces I only see once or twice a year are now all familiar to me. I belong in this group. It's good to feel like you belong in a group like this. It took a while to feel this way, even though they accepted me long before I accepted them. That's not quite true, I guess. Let just say long before I allowed myself to accept them. Does that make any sense?

Not much to report in the tournament. I doubled through RecessRampage when my A8 turned two pair against his AK and he couldn't get away from it. I actually may have been the tournament leader at that point. I eventually got up to over $24,000 in the first level before my AA ran into a set of 8s and I fell in love with my hand. My bustout was pretty standard fare. My JJ got beat by A 10 and someone (sorry - too drunk to remember who) got a very nice coin that I brought back from Iraq.

Poker was awesome when playing against bloggers or blogger associates (sorry Dr. Jeff), but a bit of a bust in the non-blogger cash games. This time my money makers were playin short handed 2/5 NL with BadBlood and Dr. Jeff at Green Valley Ranch and playing mixed games at the IP and MGM. I own Badugi. Fear me. Seriously. Alas, I gave some back at the Venetian HORSE game and I think a 1/2 NL game. I was probably too drunk to be playing in that game, but at least I didn't rebuy.

So off I went to Rage Solo. How I ended up at O'Sheas shooting dice remains a mystery that will be lost for the ages, but it's good to know that my losing streak at craps is still intact. Seriously, it's 12 sessions in a row. I know it's a -EV game, but you'd think it would give me hope so that I might come back at some point. Oh wait. I come back anyway. Hmmm...

And now, the sun is up on Sunday morning and we're facing a rapid check out followed by some serious grub. Tomorrow, I hope to tell you about the Steel Panther show (do not miss it) and some more of these incredible people called bloggers. My kinda people.

7 comments:

MHG said...

Playing Badugi for my first time right now on Stars--this game is amazing!

BamBam said...

Can't wait for more.

:)

BWoP said...

Thank you for shoving into me when I had the nuts :-)

muhctim said...

It was a pleasure to meet you and to play cards with you, sir. I look forward to future meetings.

Katitude said...

Doc my sweet, always a pleasure to see you IRL and hang out with you and the lovely Wife.

Any chance of getting you up here for Eh-Vegas?

Shrike said...

Great to meet you. Must have whisky tasting in future, etc.

-PL

Anonymous said...

When I woke up after that 2-5 game at GVR, I counted my bankroll to find myself about $600 short of the day before. It took me a few minutes to remember that I was playing 2-5 that night.

Note to self... if you can't walk in a straight line, don't put any money over the bet line.

I must say, though, that night was a freaking blast and worth every penny