Monday, October 23, 2006

Beware of Rapidly Changing Gears

23 OCT 06

1st Gear: Take a Shot vs. Grinding – I think 99.4% of all bloggers are grinders. With good reason, I suppose. I’m guessing most top players all eventually “took a shot” at some point in their poker career. Presumably they all hit their target, too. Sure, they also grind (if you can consider playing 4000/8000 HORSE grinding), but in order to get to that level, they all stepped up at some point and made it. I know several bloggers that took a shot, HIT, and then came back to a more reasonable level. What separates the two?

Gear change! Someone volunteered to go to the Middle East in my place, but it’s too late to change. Thanks a lot guy – I would have been better off if you never said anything to me in the first place.

3rd Gear: I’m probably going to deploy before the WPBT in December. Someone better raise a glass of Guinness for me, dammit.

Downshift: You may flatulate in front of a woman only after you have brought her to climax. If you trap her head under the covers for the purpose of flatulent entertainment, she's officially your wife.

Now excuse me while I go save some lives.

No comments: