Thursday, October 12, 2006

Humbled

12 OCT 06

Thanks for all the kind comments. It’s times like these when it’s really nice to hear that people support our troops (even if they don’t support our government).

I’ve often voiced my opinions about being a disenfranchised Republican. I’ve never publicly criticized our government for its foreign policy, and I won’t start now. It’s not for fear of retribution. I truly feel like I can say whatever I want. Many of my colleagues in uniform certainly voice their antigovernment opinions loudly and often. Rather, I feel there would be a conflict of interest, and I like to keep things simple in my life.

I signed up with the Army 20 years ago, and even knowing what I know, I’d do it again. It’s support from you (yes, even you Dr. Pauly. In many ways, especially you) that reminds me how cool it can be to wear the uniform.

I probably won’t be leaving for a couple of months, so you’ll have to put up with a few more Muckleshoot stories (and hopefully an awesome Vegas trip report), but if at all possible, I’ll update this blog from the desert.

Won’t that be a tale to tell…

2 comments:

KenP said...

Good luck Doc! In Vegas and beyond.

I didn't support Iraq before the war. My reasons were somewhat wrong. I thought the Bagdad house-to-house would make it unworth it. Maybe I was right in a sense because that being faced every day there now.

Now I support it. It is like being on a treadmill with no exit but the alternative exposes us to worse--ff we don't keep our resolve we just expose ourselves to what could be far worse.

So those are my thoughts. Hope the blog continues from there a bit so folks here will know your still making em fold to your pat hand.

(Found you via Falstaff; you'll have to live that down on your own.) :)

Unknown said...

Good luck Doc :)

My friend is on leave from Iraq, and I'll get to see him tomorrow for the first time in nine months.

I hope he hasn't changed much.