Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bad Beats and Other Nonsense

8 July 07

I’m checking in regularly with the folks over at Pokernews to get my daily fix of World Series of Poker action. Last night saw a player go all in on the river with quad 8s only to get called by another player with a straight flush.

Say it with me… Live Poker is So Rigged.

On another note, we just purchased a 3rd car last night. The Wallup in Puyallup was having its annual mega used car sale. We’ve been talking about getting a car for our new Brazilian Au Pair (nanny). It turns out that she’s getting a 1997 Subaru Outback. They were asking $8000 and we got them down to $5025 – well below Kelley Blue Book of $7330. We put the whole thing on the credit card so we will get the free miles out of it. I’m pretty sure that gives us enough for a return trip to Hawaii. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! If I knew there would be a company car involved, I would have come to work for you a long time ago!!