Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Zoo








I don't know much about this zoo. I've driven past it in the bus and it fascinates me. I'm told it was Saddam's personal zoo. He brought in all kinds of exotic animals and kept there right here. Rumor has it that after the invasion, the animals were all neglected and most of them escaped. One night while walking back from dinner, I saw some kind of animal by the Camp Cropper gate. I don't know if it was one of the exotics, but it sure scared the heck out of me.

Anyway, enjoy these pics of the zoo. I apologize for the lack of detail, but I shot them from the window of a moving bus.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, look at that exotic Wawfuls!

Kerri Miller said...

Brian Vaughn did a graphic novel about the lions that escaped and had to be put down by US soldiers - The Pride of Baghdad it was called.