Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Spin!

Not much going on here. Ever since The Wife left me, I've been trying to find ways to improve my life. I cooked dinner twice in a row (Copper River salmon the first night and crepes the second for those keeping score), and I'm going back to the gym. Mondays and Wednesdays at LA Fitness are spin classes.


I've never done a spin class before. It always looked liked fun as I gazed through the window like a kid outside Marble Slab. They were yelling and screaming. And smiling. Can I play, too?


So I got there early (class begins at 5:45 am, so I was there at 5 - it's an Army thing), and the instructor set up my bike. 5:45 on the nose and we were off. If you've ever done this, you know it's a lot or work, but you don't think about it much. It really can be a lot of fun, and if the puddle of sweat around my bike was any indication, I got a pretty good workout.


The only hitch came around 45 minutes into the routine. I took a small break from "jumps" to drink from my bottle of water. As I sat up, I had this urge to close my eyes. Before I knew it, I lost my balance a little. I think I was about to pass out! I sure have come a long way from the Paris Marathon. The wrong way.


That's about to change.


***

Since this is a blog about poker (seemingly less and less), I'll leave you with this. 14 bucks, baby!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice.

Grind it baby!

You miss her yet?

:-)

Smile!

The Sister said...

Holy shamolians, bro! One doesn't just go back to the gym and START with a spin class! No shit that you almost passed out. Dork!

BWoP said...

I really need to start getting back in shape.

Note to self: Do not start with a spin class.

PrinceofHouston said...

I wanted the new Tiger Woods gold game. I figured since we have a Wii. I would buy that version and I would at least be moving instead of sitting on my ever widening butt.
I have since discovered that 5 rounds of Wii golf must equal 1 round of real golf. I hurt in places I didn't know had places.

Unknown said...

(30 min warm-up class > Step > Strike > Spin) is the hierarchy I used.

I take Strike classes two/three times a week and barely made it thru a Spin class.