Friday, April 27, 2007

Fishy

27 APR 07

A man calls home to his wife and says, "Honey I have been asked to go fishing up in Canada with my boss and several of his friends. We'll be gone for a week. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've been wanting so could you please pack enough clothes for a week and set out my rod and tackle box? We're leaving from the office and I will swing by the house to pick my things up."

"Oh! And please pack my new blue silk pajamas."

The wife thinks this sounds a bit fishy, but, being the good wife, she does exactly what her husband asked.

The following weekend he came home a little tired, but otherwise looking good. The wife welcomes him home and asks if he caught many fish.

He says, "Yes! Lots of Walleye, some Bluegill, and a few Pike. But why didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you?”

The wife replies, "I did, they're in your tackle box."

***

And, my new favorite quote:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
US comedian with the Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to tell me something? You don't own blue silk pajamas. Neither do I. Hope this is just allegorical . . .

:)

Anonymous said...

That story is SO Brokeback Mountain. That is how the wife verified that her husband was out riding horses with his loverboy instead of fishing...

DrChako said...

Umm... nope. The way I read it, he was whoring it up with his buddies - Las Vegas style.

Not that I'd know anything about that.