Thursday, April 05, 2007

On Birthdays

5 APR 07

And other nonsense…

You’ve been listening to me lament about my upcoming 40th birthday for some time now. Thanks for putting up with me. Now that the day has arrived, I have a sense of peace. Well, at least that’s what I’m telling myself.

To celebrate early, we had a wonderful dinner at Tokyo Garden, the local Teppan Yaki steakhouse. They even banged the drum and made me get up and dance to celebrate my birthday. The kids loved it. I went off my diet for the first time in a month, but it was worth it. On that note, I didn’t reach my weightloss goal of 160 pounds, but I did lose 12 and people are even beginning to notice. There is a picture of me and my family on the wall of the restaurant, and even I could tell that my face is thinner.

My 41st year will certainly not be dull. Hell, even my car decided to get into the action and turn over 60,000 miles this morning. Other upcoming events this year:

I begin my 6 month deployment to Iraq.
I get promoted to Lieutenant Colonel.
I get to go to Disneyland (day after tomorrow, in fact)
I get to see the Bat Mitzvah of my cousin’s kid.
We are flying in my Mother-in-Law so my wife and I can have a last fling in Hawaii before I head off to the desert.
I’ll finally get to purchase a Ferrari.

It’s going to be a good year.

10 comments:

AlCantHang said...

Happy Birthday sir!

Have a blast in DisneyLand

Anonymous said...

Love how you just squeezed that last comment in there about buying a Ferrari...

StB said...

Happy Birthday Doc!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Doc!

No tragedy here, nothing but the BEST of birthday wishes!

Zeem said...

Happy Birthday, my fellow 40-year-old WA gamblero! Don't let Goofy borrow money, he's back on the sauce.

DrChako said...

Thanks everyone! You all make this whole thing worth while.

Zeem - we need to get Easycure and have that home game we talked about!

Unknown said...

Officially Linked up...

The hardest day is over and now I'm back donkeying at cards. It's like I never left...

All my regards

sd

Anonymous said...

He snuck the Ferrari in just to see if I'm reading - trust me, no Ferrari will grace our garage unless someone comes to visit and Chuck moves the BMW for them. Sorry, Charlie! I still love you.

DrChako said...

Did she just call me Charlie? It's Doctor Chako missy!

Anonymous said...

Blah blah blah, quit acting like pig vomit! Just get the damn Magnum PI Ferrari and call yourself happy. BLAHHH!!!!!!! And no more calling my 10x the BB with 26os pig vomit. We had fun man. Anyway, we'll get 'em next time at 30/60, if we can catch a flop. Be cool and I'll call you here in the near future.