Friday, October 26, 2007

Hidden Posts

I apologize for my poor choice of words. I re-read the last line of yesterday's post, and I can see where it sounds like I have a secret post somewhere out there on the internet. That is not the case.

What I should have said was, "It kind of make you wonder what I'm NOT writing about, doesn't it?"

To that end, let me clear up one more thing. These forums are not illegal in the military – they are just heavily regulated. Soldiers usually mean well, but they can (and have) inadvertently given away information that could help the enemy. It's one of the reasons I proofread my posts several times before sending.

Government computers are 100% monitored. It's one of the reasons you will not see me use the word b*l*o*g. It's a signal word that sends up red flags to the security guys. Like I said, I never write about anything I'm not supposed to, but why attract unnecessary attention?

All this goes back to my original point. If you are wondering whether or not things are happening around here that I can't (or won't) talk about, you can stop wondering.

Nothing like that happens around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Chako,

Don't be so hard on yourself. You cannot expect to produce greatness everytime you put pen to paper. Just recently, a museum discovered a letter written by William Shakespeare. Besides containing 3 misspelled words and 2 sentences that were grammatically incorrect, it was also the epitome of mundane. After a careful selection of your postings, along with a little editing, you'll be able to compile them into a best-seller titled "Memories of Iraq."

Hunter Silvastorm

www.huntersilvastorm.com