Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tagged!

My invisible internet friend Sean has tagged me with one of those, "Ten Things You Don't Know About Me" thingies. I was going to play the old "Not one of THESE things again" cards, but if you know me, you know I love talking about myself. For the more complete list, please see 101 Things About Dr. Chako.

  1. I'm egotistical. Because of this, I'm easily manipulated by people who play on my ego. Call me an asshole and I'll forget you ever existed. Call me the greatest anything (doctor, poker player, guitar player, lover, whatever), and I'll do just about anything for you.
  2. I am a morning person. If you tell me you are not, I'll totally understand but secretly think you are a weak individual.*
  3. I have lost 11 pounds since I left home for Iraq.
  4. I still need to lose 20 more.
  5. Being in Iraq has only worsened my obsession with Ferraris.
  6. Being in Iraq has worsened by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I may need to dedicate an entire post to this.
  7. I am not invincible, but I have this distinct feeling that I will not die here. I honestly believe I'm supposed to get home for something really important.
  8. If you are better than me at just about anything, I will start to idolize you. Then I will work at becoming better than you.
  9. If I was not an Army Doctor, I would want to be a singer-songwriter and play my guitar in local clubs - preferably somewhere warm. This would put a serious damper on my Ferrari dreams.
  10. I once thought I had the perfect solution to the homeless crisis in America, but everyone I told just laughed at me (including my wife and my father). There is still a tiny piece of me that thinks someone should try it.

    * This is obviously a joke. Right honey ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever tell me your solution to the homeless crisis? Did I laugh at you?

Unknown said...

Invisible Friend?

Nope I exist.

Matter of fact I'll post some pictures of me and the Rock 101.1 Rock Hunny's at the Texas Texas vs. Texas A&M game Sunday I think. I thought you would say "see the post, pass", but you didn't.

Glad to have your friendship!

sd

The NL Wife said...

It was the plan where people were paid "in-kind" with "DrChako" dollars that could be exchanged for goods and services - doesn't that alone make you giggle?

In his defense, his heart is in the right place.

The Wife

Unknown said...

My dad is a Marine, and mornings started at 0530 whether you liked it or not :)

I've never really let go of getting up early.