Friday, October 12, 2007

Read Before You Hit "Send"

For your reading enjoyment, I copied an email sent to the entire hospital here in Iraq. I have changed nothing except to delete the sender's name.

-----Original Message-----
From: xxx xxxx SSG 535 MP NCOIC
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:46 PM
To: DL CROP ALL
Subject: Acronyms

In the future, when submitting an SOR please refrain from using acronyms. There are several service technicians with KBR that are not familiar with them. Also, be sure to put building numbers for locations. Any SOR without building numbers and using only acronyms for their location will be returned to sender.

SSG xxx xxxx
NCOIC, DPW


I hit "REPLY TO ALL" and sent the following:

From: Dr. Chako LTC 31 CSH Radiologist
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:56 PM
To: DL CROP ALL
Subject: RE: Acronyms

What's an SOR?


I have become something of a local celebrity from this.

2 comments:

RaisingCayne said...

That's hilarious! I never ceased to be amazed by some of the idiocy I witness on HUGE e-mail distributions. I work for a huge local company here in Federal Way (rhymes with Darehaeuser...) and all the time someone sends out a message to a distribution to hundreds of people illustrating their ignorance. It boggles my mind how someone could prepare such correspondence and be okay hitting "send." Your reply all response is worthy of celebrity status.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I am on the floor! Especially being in the military, we learn to speak in acronyms. Sometimes I forget that I am doing it and that others, even those I am in the military with have no idea what i am talking about. That's a great story.